Honeymoon Adventures. The end of day 1.

17 11 2008

I didn’t realize that writing about the first day was going to take so long.  Sheesh!  I guess I had to set the mood or something.  haha.

So as we are sitting in the outdoor lobby…I am hot.  It’s about 92° outside and the humidity is at about 90%.  It’s that sticky hot feeling.  But I’ve got a glass of champagne and a cool towel.  After we finish the paperwork, they take us to our room.  It’s a nice room, bottom floor that looks right out the beach.  There is a little outdoor patio that we can go sit on.  I had thought that we might do that.  Later in the trip though, we decided not to.

It’s now 6 or 7 in the evening.  We missed the welcoming party…primarily because we didn’t know there was going to be one.  And after Death Ride 2008, I was kind of ready to just relax.  But we decided to go walk around a bit and check out the place.  We found out that the pools are open 24 hours, but there is no bartender at the swim up bar.  Kinda cool if we want to take a late night swim.

Oh!  St. Lucia has the weirdest crickets.  We walked outside and there is an infestation of crickets there.  However, these aren’t like your typical American crickets.  These crickets sound like little emergency beacons that you might have on your life vest if you’re some NAVY Seal or something and you’re stranded at sea.  And there has to be millions of them.  This is partially the reason we didn’t sit out on the patio.  At least not at night.  The last thing I need is one of these things somewhere in the room.

The weather isn’t bad at night.  Stays around mid to upper 80’s.  But the humidity drops down so it is kinda bearable.  Still hot though.  We decided to go back to the room for the night and take it easy.  We started to watch some movie…something with Denzel Washington I think.  Anyway, I start really getting into it.  And BAM! Cable goes out.  It’s 1am.  Granted, I could go to sleep.  But I don’t want to.  So I call the front desk and they send someone down.  Turns out something happened and everyone’s cable was out.  Fine.  We end up watching the hotel channel and fall asleep.  haha.

Finally…day one is over.  Now the real fun can begin…



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: